As the title suggests, this is the list that I will be bringing this weekend for the third Escalation round. We did a round at 500 points during 6th edition, and then decided to do 500 points again after 7th hit.
Why Farsight Enclaves?
For more info on Farsight Enclaves and some of their unique army traits, check out EYIG's earlier post on the subject HERE.
- Commander: Cyclic Ion Blaster (CIB), Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster (TL FB), Stims, Fusion Blades
- 2 Shield Drones
- Stealth Team: 5 stealth suits with burst cannons
- Riptide: Ion Accelerator, TL FB, Earth Caste Pilot Array (ECPA)
- Crisis team 1: x2 Helios, 'Vre upgrade, both with VRT
- Crisis team 2: x3 Fireknives, 'Vre upgrade, ATS on the 'Vre
- Crisis team 3: x3 Deathrains, 'Vre upgrade
- 2 Marker Drones
The Commander will join the Helios and that will be my first response team, moving to engage the enemy front runners. Note, the Fusion Blades don't make my commander "good" at close combat, they just make him ok. XV8's really aren't that bad in combat, and a bunch of AP1 attacks at initiative could be awesome. If the enemy challenges, I have the 'Vre character for accepting so that my commander can do his thing.
|Not sure who took this pic, but it sums it up nicely|
The ECPA gets more usage out of the Heavy Burst Cannon, but I really want that re-roll Nova charge since I am not taking STIMS. Plus it pretty much guarantees the large blast profile won't Get Hot!
See You on the Other Side
- BRB Warlord Traits
- Fusion Blade commander