Battle Report: Farsight Enclaves vs Grey Knights, 1000pt
Lots of 'firsts' in this game, but he conceded after 4 turns. My opponent's rolling was terrible, but I felt that I had the game clinched regardless. Read on if you want to see how my "All Suit" list did!
- Commander with fusion blades+cyclic ion blaster and 2 shield drones
- 2 Helios accompanying him
- 5 stealth suits
- 3 Deathrains with 2 marker drones
- 3 Fireknives
- Riptide with ECPA, Ion Accelerator, and FB
- Inquisitor Coteaz
- 5 Grey Knight Terminators accompanying him (all in Storm Raven)
- Storm Raven with Lascannon, bolters and missile launchers
- 5 strike knights in Razorback (lascannon)
- 5 strike knights in Razorback (hvy bolter)
- 5 Inquisitorial henchmen (vets with hotshot lasguns) in Chimera
|Grey Knights turn 1|
|FSE turn 1|
For my Thrust moves, I pulled my Stealth Suits back to the barricade, put my Riptide farther into the open, finished moving my Deathrains onto the objective, and moved my Shas'O+Helios back towards their hard cover. The Fireknives stayed put in their emplacement.
|Grey Knights turn 2|
|FSE Turn 2|
|Grey Knights turn 3|
|FSE Turn 3|
My thrust moves were pretty good, so I managed to keep my Helios group pretty far away from his Terminators. I kept the Fireknives just a little bit in reach as bait. If he managed to assault them then he'd be stuck in a corner anyways. I believe that he was still winning on VP's as he'd accomplished 3 or 4 of his cards. Mine were somewhat tough to accomplish, but I had the upper hand in the battle so far.
|Grey Knights turn 4|
|FSE turn 4|
- The Deathrains worked perfectly. Forcing the Storm Raven to jink and stripping two hull points from it really neutered its second shooting phase.
- Shas'O. Though he didn't do any of the things he wanted to do, his Warlord Trait was pretty handy since I kept him within 12" of the Stealth Suits and Fireknives toward the end of the game. His Stimulant Injector and Shield Drones really made him a tough nut to crack too.
- Riptide. It pretty much failed to do anything all game, but it DID kill 3 grey knight terminators with options, ending the game on its own. This impressed me, even if the overall performance was lackluster.
- Marker Drones. They hit exactly nothing all game. They really need a Drone Controller in the squad at the very least, or they are no better than other drones. I will either try to get them some more support or I'll just replace them with Shield/Gun drones at the 1500 point level
Anything that comes to mind, comment below!