Thank youFirst off, thanks to the people who snapped some pics of this beast so that those of us who are unable to attend these events can see what cool new models Forgeworld is pumping out. You are appreciated!
Thanks to Will Hayes and the FW other designers who might have helped with this model. Daren Parrwood and Will are responsible for just about all of the Tau Forgeworld models and I am very grateful for their work.
- The big weapons on the back are rail weapons, almost certainly with a double or even triple weapons profile. Naturally one will be D strength and one will be for carpet bombing entire table sections.
- Obviously, each arm is carrying some form of triple Ion cannon/accelerator.
- This is a Superheavy Walker. NOT a gargantuan. However, it is likely to have some sort of Snapfire/Overwatch capability.
- No NOVA powers, but the thing is so huge it will basically be constantly on NOVA thanks to increased shielding for the pilots.
- Expect more weapon options for both the rail battery and the forearms.
- The model is finished and is off to the moldmakers so it may not be long before we can buy it!
- The size is in between an Imperial Knight and a Warhound Titan so it will likely be around $350 a pop
Where the Tau used to rely on air superiority and the Tigershark AX-1 or the Manta to bring down enemy titans, they now need another angle. Tau are facing more and more Imperial Knights and other Titans as they expand their borders and the Imperium dedicates more resources to the fight. This suit is the Tau answer.
A Tigershark can take down a Titan, but usually not alone and the time to get them to the battlefield is an issue. Air superiority is supposed to be Tau's thing, but Tigersharks can get held up or lost en route. The Tigershark just doesn't have the power to assure victory against a Titan, even if it can clear away just about anything that flies. This new KV suit can be deployed on the ground, go toe-to-toe with enemy Titans or Gargantuans, and win.
|Just how big is it? This big|
|You can see both Riptide and XV-88 elements that are easy to pick out|
|The back/shoulder mounted weapons are back in style!|
|Lots of different dakka, as expected of a Tau FW vehicle|
|Wow. Those guns are insane.|